- Commercial contracts, licensing agreements and strategic transactions
- Corporate governance, board and shareholder resolutions, consents, directors meetings and shareholder meetings
- Capital raises
- Intellectual property protection, including brand selection, trademark procurement and clearance
- Risk management
- Counseling officers and directors on fiduciary duties and strategic considerations
- Employment matters, including hiring, retention, termination and employment agreements
- Executive compensation, including stock options, restricted stock agreements, and equity and non-equity based incentive compensation
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Venture and growth equity financings
- M&A, IPO and "exit transaction" services
- Due diligence and risk analysis
- Management representation in acquisitions
Entrepreneurs face critical strategic legal and business decisions in the early stages of founding a company. Many such emerging companies and their investors turn to Bass, Berry & Sims for sophisticated, practical and business-focused legal advice. For most growth-stage companies, it is not practical to hire a full-time, in-house general counsel, and our firm regularly acts as outside general counsel to them. Our attorneys bring decades of experience advising executives and c-suite professionals in both outside counsel and in-house counsel capacities, having served in senior leadership roles within companies, including general counsel and other key executive leadership positions. Blending sound business judgment and legal perspective, our attorneys advise clients with respect to developing and managing legal, compliance and other administrative functions. We work closely with boards of directors and executive management teams to develop strategies to achieve business objectives, manage risk and comply with regulatory requirements. As outside counsel we oversee and advise on issues related to the development and implementation of the in-house legal and compliance functions, corporate governance, strategic planning, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, regulatory compliance, incentive compensation, and other related matters. We also are proficient in venture capital and growth equity transactions, representing both providers and seekers of venture growth capital. Our emerging company services include:
We represented HigherDOSE, a growth stage wellness technology product and services company, in the negotiation of its first major retail...
We advise Great Bowery Incubator, a collaboration between a leading beauty and fashion industry talent agency and the talent it...
We provide outside general counsel services to a leading early stage healthcare technology company that uses objective data to measure...
Lead Counsel to POINT Biopharma Inc. in its SPAC Business Combination with Research Alliance Corp. IWe served as lead legal counsel to POINT Biopharma Inc., a late stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing the many...
We represented a developer of consumer and commercial products in connection with building a portfolio of patents and other intellectual...
We represented a provider of SaaS based services that enabled the web-based integration of disparate healthcare IT systems. We represented...
We serve as outside general counsel for HigherDOSE, a growth stage wellness product and services company. We advise the company...
We serve as outside general counsel for Tyba, an early stage technology company providing a platform for renewable energy companies...
We serve as outside general counsel for Lucid Navigation d/b/a Crush, an early stage coaching platform. We advise the company...
We serve as outside general counsel to a published author and her production company, including negotiating book and film rights,...