John L. Fuller
John Fuller advises clients in complex corporate transactions, including representing investors and venture fund and private equity backed companies in joint ventures, LLCs, business formation and other strategic organizational and financing transactions. His clients range from established public and private companies to emerging start-ups across a range of industries including sports, media, healthcare, food service and technology. John has counseled private equity and venture capital investment funds and their portfolio companies on more than $1 billion in mergers and acquisitions as well as numerous venture capital financing transactions.
John maintains a diverse corporate practice which involves:
- Private Equity & Venture Capital Transactions – Advising clients in private equity and venture capital financings and portfolio management, including both company and investor side representation.
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Representing sellers and buyers in both public and private company transactions and has represented clients in numerous private equity and venture-backed purchase and sale transactions, including both leveraged and management buyouts across a variety of industry platforms.
- Partnerships & Joint Ventures – Representing entities, general and limited partners and other interested parties in various formation and investment activities, including advising on organizational, fund raising, securities compliance and corporate governance.
In addition to transactional work, John also regularly advises in general corporate governance matters, including fiduciary duties, securities law reporting and regulatory compliance and public company disclosure.
American Bar Association — Business Law Section
American Health Law Association (AHLA)
Media Mentions & Firm News
The M&A Advisor — Emerging Leader, Legal Advisor Category (2021)
The M&A Advisor Awards (2021)
- Winner: M&A Transaction of the Year: M&A Deal of the Year ($50MM to $75MM)
- Finalist: Sector Deal of the Year: Professional Services (B2B) Deal of the Year; M&A Transaction of the Year: Corporate/Strategic Deal of the Year ($50MM to $75MM)
The M&A Advisor Awards (2019)
- Winner: Healthcare & Life Sciences Deal of the Year ($100MM-$1B)
The M&A Advisor Awards (2016)
- Winner: Corporate & Strategic Deal of the Year (over $500MM)
- Finalist: Healthcare and Life Sciences Deal of the Year (over $100MM); Restructuring Deal of the Year (over $100MM); M&A Deal of the Year (over $1 billion – $5 billion)
The M&A Advisor Awards (2015)
- Finalist: M&A Deal of the Year (Over $25MM to $50MM)
Mid-South Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2016-2018)
Phi Kappa Phi
James Henry Burke and the H.L. Hendricks Memorial Scholarships
Certificate of Academic Excellence — Contract Drafting and Transactional Tax Planning
Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law
The Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College
Studied abroad at the University of Cambridge