Institutional clients have turned to Bass, Berry & Sims for representation in more than $40 billion of debt financing transactions in the last five years.
We represent public and private companies and a broad range of traditional and non-traditional financing providers in a variety of complex financing transactions. Through our representation of both lenders and borrowers, we offer clients a comprehensive perspective on all aspects of debt finance.
We have significant experience negotiating syndicated credit facilities, including term and asset-based credit facilities, construction facilities, project financings, acquisition financings and structured financings with related intercreditor arrangements.
With a strong focus on middle market private equity deals, we regularly negotiate junior and senior credit facilities (frequently coupled with an equity investment and a change of ownership transaction), acquisition facilities, and capital call facilities.
Building on our firm’s strength in the healthcare industry, we have notable experience in healthcare finance transactions, bringing a depth of understanding for clients about companies operating under significant regulatory regimes.
has consistently ranked Bass, Berry & Sims as one of the top banking and finance law firms in Tennessee for the past 14 years. In their research, Chambers
concluded the firm is a “Stellar outfit providing services across the financial services spectrum. Represents borrowers and lenders in matters ranging from commercial lending to regulatory compliance. Experienced handling large-scale transactions for a broad range of clients including regional and national banks, insurance companies and private equity firms. Demonstrates expertise in debt refinancing and syndicated loans, as well as bank M&A and the formation of subsidiaries.” (from Chambers USA 2020
). Clients reported that the firm offers “great responsiveness and great value” and “when you think of quality firms, you think of these guys. They’re traditionally seen as being at the top” (from Chambers USA 2020
); “They are responsive and organized and willing to go the extra mile to get anything done by a certain deadline. They also know our business really, really well.” (from Chambers USA 2019
- Syndicated credit facilities
- Healthcare finance
- Public offerings and private placements of debt securities
- Senior, mezzanine and other junior or split collateral credit facilities
- Intercreditor arrangements
- Acquisition credit facilities
- Construction lending
- Workouts and restructurings
- Asset-based credit facilities
- Project financings
- Sale/leaseback transactions
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program financial transactions
Who we serve:
- National, regional and local banks
- Public and private borrowers
- Private sponsors and their credit arms
- Issuers, underwriters and placement agents
- REITs and REOCs
- For-profit healthcare companies
- Distressed asset investors
- Regional Centers, investors and developers affiliated with the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program