- Advising on commercialization strategy and intellectual property portfolio development.
- Navigating healthcare regulatory, licensing and contracting matters.
- Negotiating complex technology transactions and licensing agreements for businesses engaging with AI vendors.
- Counseling on data privacy and cybersecurity issues under U.S. and international privacy laws and AI-specific regulations.
- Representing AI tools and their organizations in securing healthcare reimbursement opportunities.
- Structuring private equity acquisitions and financings.
- Counseling on employment practices and company policies related to the use of AI.
- Addressing Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy and security compliance concerns.
- Developing joint venture and strategic alliance arrangements.
- Advising on the collection, use and sharing of data and specimens for AI development and validation in the clinical research setting.
- Representing buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions.
- Negotiating software, SaaS, cloud and other IT service agreements.
As artificial intelligence (AI) continues to transform the business landscape, the need for proactive, practical legal advice for the adoption and commercialization of this emerging technology has become more critical than ever. Bass, Berry & Sims’ AI attorneys provide sophisticated, business-minded advice to companies seeking to leverage the potential of AI. Our team offers solutions to commercial and regulatory issues that are faced by both AI innovators and companies seeking to engage with AI tools to enhance their business functions. Our lawyers are dedicated to helping clients capitalize on the benefits of AI and data analytics while minimizing risk and ensuring compliance with local and international laws. Our interdisciplinary team actively monitors regulatory changes and industry trends to anticipate potential legal hurdles, enabling us to develop strategies that address the concerns surrounding AI involving intellectual property ownership and commercialization; healthcare regulatory and reimbursement matters; technology transactions; data privacy and security requirements; and employment practices. We bring a comprehensive approach to AI matters, drawing from the firm’s counseling, regulatory, and transactional capabilities to help our clients address challenges involving:
Representation of Healthcare Companies in Regulatory Challenges Related to the Use of AI and Data AnalyticsWe represent a diverse spectrum of healthcare companies navigating the regulatory challenges impacting delivery of remote patient care and telehealth...
We advised hospitals, research institutions, life sciences companies, and Institutional Review Boards on the collection, use, and sharing of data...
We represent a leading hospital and healthcare provider system in connection with developing an internal AI-usage policy and advising on...
We represent a major auto manufacturer on AI-related matters pertaining to autonomous driving and machine learning technology integration projects.
We represent AI tools and their organizations in seizing reimbursement opportunities in the AI/digital health space, from partnering with other...
We represent a national healthcare system in its review and negotiation of a contract agreement with VelocityEHS, an AI-powered EHS...
We represent a publicly-traded health system in its review and negotiation of a SaaS agreement with Denim Health, a conversational...
We represented Centene Corporation in its sale of Apixio Inc., a leading artificial intelligence platform that enables value-based care, to...
We represent a physician ratings software company in connection with the integration of AI into their existing services. We advised...
We represent a mental health and addiction treatment provider in its review and negotiation of contract documents with Lyssn, an artificial...