Kevin H. Douglas
Kevin Douglas has deep experience representing public companies on corporate and securities laws related matters, including companies within the healthcare industry. Kevin’s public company practice focuses on corporate governance matters, securities laws compliance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and shareholder activism. His representative experience has ranged from providing SEC disclosure advice to the audit committee of a Fortune 100 company to representing an NYSE-listed company in connection with its $4.3 billion acquisition by another public company to representing another NYSE-listed company in connection with its issuance of $2.2 billion in senior notes. Kevin has also represented private companies in a wide variety of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and other corporate law matters. Kevin served as chair of the Corporate & Securities Practice Group from 2018-2021.
Kevin represents public companies, private equity-backed companies and other private companies. His broad corporate practice involves:
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Representing public and private companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Corporate Finance – Advising clients in connection with public offerings, Rule 144A offerings, private placements and venture capital investments.
- Securities Laws Compliance – Advising public company clients in connection with the preparation of Form 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements and earnings releases.
- Corporate Governance – Providing clients with advice related to compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, the Dodd-Frank Act and other federal securities laws requirements; compliance with stock exchange corporate governance listing standards, committee charters and corporate governance guidelines, board and committee composition issues, internal control and disclosure control matters, Regulation FD, insider trading policies and 10b5-1 trading plans.
- Shareholder Activism – Assisting with shareholder rights plans, proxy access bylaws, contested director elections, classified boards, advance notice bylaws, Rule 14a-8 shareholder proposals, ISS and other proxy advisory firm-related matters, and Section 13 of the Securities Exchange Act and standstill agreements.
- Executive Compensation – Advising on executive compensation disclosure requirements applicable to public companies and related topics.
Kevin is the co-editor of the firm’s Securities Law Exchange blog, where he provides commentary on a variety of corporate and securities law issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Kevin practiced at Latham & Watkins in Washington, D.C. and Sherrard & Roe, PLC in Nashville.
American Bar Association
American Health Law Association (AHLA)
Media Mentions & Firm News
The Best Lawyers in America© — Corporate Law (2013-2024)
IFLR1000 — Notable Practitioner (2019-2021)
Vanderbilt Law Review — Member (1996-1998)