Doug Dahl represents clients on all facets of employee benefits programs and executive compensation issues. He works with private and public companies on the creation, administration and compliance of qualified retirement plans and compensation packages. In addition, Doug assists companies with employee benefit issues that arise during various corporate transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions and dispositions.
Drawing on his experience as an attorney with the IRS, Office of Chief Counsel, Doug represents companies in various interactions with the IRS, Department of Labor, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) and the Department of Health and Human Services. His practice involves:
- Preparing health and welfare plan documents and negotiating related contracts
- Providing assistance with qualified plan terminations, conversions and corrections
- Counseling clients related to compliance with ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code
- Representing plan sponsors and fiduciaries in the administration of qualified retirement plans
- Advising companies on deferred compensation arrangements and employment agreements
- Designing employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
- Preparing executive compensation agreements involving stock options, stock appreciation rights and other related components.
Prior to joining Bass, Berry & Sims, Doug was an associate with Proskauer Rose LLP in the Washington, D.C. office. From 2009-2011, Doug was an attorney with the IRS, Office of Chief Counsel.