James Polk Moneyhun, Jr.
Jay Moneyhun has developed a robust, multi-disciplinary practice primarily in the areas of public finance, affordable housing, economic development incentives, commercial real estate and commercial lending.
His public finance practice specifically involves:
- Low-Income Housing – Representing public housing authorities and other developers and serving as bond counsel in the acquisition, construction and/or rehabilitation of affordable multi-family housing properties.
- Healthcare – Serving as bond counsel in financings for non-profit healthcare providers.
- Education – Serving as bond counsel in financings for non-profit colleges and secondary educational institutions.
- General Obligation and Governmental Revenue Debt – Representing cities, counties and utilities across Tennessee in connection with the issuance of debt for governmental and utility projects.
- Economic Development – Advising on property tax abatement, tax increment financing and other governmental incentives to promote economic development.
Jay’s real estate and commercial lending practice includes:
- Real Estate – Representing buyers, sellers, lenders and tenants in the acquisition, disposition, financing, and leasing of real property for a variety of real estate projects.
- Financing Transactions – Representing financial institutions and borrowers in various lending matters.
Jay graduated from the University of Tennessee with a B.S. in biomedical engineering, a minor in business and a minor in materials science and engineering. He utilizes his background in science, engineering and business to bring a unique perspective to his legal practice.
National Association of Bond Lawyers
Tennessee Bar Association — Chair, Real Estate Section (2020-2021); Real Estate Section Executive Council (2018-present); Young Lawyers Division Board (2013-2014)
Knoxville Bar Association — Board of Governors (2013-2015)
Barristers — President (2014)
Media Mentions & Firm News
Knox.biz “40 Under 40” (2019)
Mid-South Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2014-2023)
University of Tennessee Legal Clinic Faculty — Distinguished Student Attorney Service Award