R. Davis Mello
Davis Mello represents buyers, sellers, investors and operators across a variety of industries in connection with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, recapitalizations, growth equity investments, venture capital financings and other strategic corporate transactions. Davis also advises clients on corporate governance, compliance and other general corporate matters.
Working closely with attorneys from our nationally ranked healthcare practice, Davis has significant experience in healthcare services and healthcare information technology M&A. Outside of the healthcare industry, Davis has led the negotiation and execution of numerous deals in industries including manufacturing and distribution, industrial services, technology, entertainment, and food and beverage. Davis is a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions Committee of the American Bar Association.
Davis’s experience includes the representation of:
- Private equity portfolio companies in connection with strategic acquisitions, equity and debt financing transactions and general corporate matters.
- Private equity sponsors in connection with buyouts, growth equity investments, exits, fund formation and fund-level governance matters.
- Public companies in connection with strategic acquisitions, divestitures, corporate venture capital investments, joint ventures and corporate restructuring transactions, as well as securities and governance matters.
- Growth-stage companies in connection with equity and debt financings, corporate governance and investor relations, equity compensation and other general corporate matters.
- Entrepreneurs and operators in connection with the sale of their businesses to strategic buyers and private equity sponsors.
American Bar Association — Business Law Committee, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee
American Health Law Association (AHLA)
Media Mentions & Firm News
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America — Corporate Law (2021-2024)
Vanderbilt Journal of Transactional Law — Articles Selection Editor
Vanderbilt Law School — John W. Wade Scholar
Miami University — Harrison Scholar