Bass, Berry & Sims and Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP (DHG) invite you to join us as we co-sponsor a workshop offering a comprehensive view of Tennessee's sales tax. The program will feature a keynote presentation, including a legislative and judicial update from the Tennessee Commissioner of Revenue, David Gerregano.
- Overview of Tennessee sales tax basics including imposition, structure, tax base, sourcing and compliance
- Sales taxation of the Old Economy addressing major industries and their sales tax issues
- Sales taxation of the New Economy focusing on nexus standards, e-commerce, cloud computing and digital goods
- Procedural issues and strategy surrounding audits and assessments, refund claims, administrative review, litigation and statutes of limitation
- Incentives including Industrial Machinery, Jobs, R&D, HQ and QDC credits, grants and local incentives, and negotiation best practices
- Tennessee sales tax in an M&A/Due Diligence environment
- Tennessee's Business Tax
The program will be held at the DHG office located in Memphis, Tennessee. This complimentary program is pending approval of 7 hours of CPE Credit in Tax. For more information and registration, visit the DHG website.