Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Bryan Metcalf will co-present a session titled “Top Tax Changes Effecting Transactions” during the American Health Law Association’s (AHLA) Health Care Transactions Conference on Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 4:30 PM. The session will answer questions such as “when can the stock of a “healthcare” company qualify as Section 1202 stock?”, as well as explore:
- Acquisitions of S corporation physician practices: Special problems
- Structuring for a stepped up basis
- Alternatives when “equal” shareholders want unequal sharing of the sales proceeds
- Effects of traditional “book value” buy/sell agreements among the historic shareholders
- Other tax traps for the unwary in healthcare acquisitions
For more information and to register, please visit the AHLA website.