Ranked #5 Most Active in Healthcare Private Equity by Pitchbook
Bass, Berry & Sims was recognized for its 2021 mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and private equity work in the annual rankings of PitchBook League Tables. Of note, the firm was ranked the #5 most active in healthcare private equity transactions.
These rankings follow the November 2021 recognition of Bass, Berry & Sims being named Law Firm of the Year for 2021 at the 20th Annual M&A Advisor Awards. In addition to this accolade, the firm was also recognized in the following two categories at the annual M&A Advisor Awards in 2021:
- Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year (Over $100MM) — Addus HomeCare Corporation Acquires Queen City Hospice, LLC and Affiliate Miracle City Hospice, LLC
- M&A Deal of the Year ($50MM to $75MM) — Acquisition of Healthcare Learning Innovations by Post University and Generation Partners
Learn more about the 2021 M&A Advisor awards here. The firm was also recognized in July 2021 by American Health Law Association (AHLA) as the third largest healthcare practice in country. Read more about the AHLA announcement here.
“Despite the challenges during the last year, M&A activity remained high. Our attorneys were able to quickly adapt to these challenges and work closely with clients to ensure the deals were completed and met clients’ needs. We are proud to be recognized by PitchBook and other outlets for this deal volume,” said Michael Holley, chair of the firm’s Corporate & Securities Practice.
In the annual PitchBook League Tables, the firm was ranked in the following categories:
Law Firms: Private Equity Deals
- #20 Most Active Globally
- #15 Most Active in U.S.
- #5 Most Active in Healthcare
- #22 Most Active in Buyouts
- #15 Most Active in U.S.: Investors
- #11 Most Active in the Southeast
- #8 Most Active in the South
- #21 Most Active in Great Lakes
- #9 Most Active in Mountain
- #22 Most Active Globally: Investors
- #23 Most Active in U.S.: Companies
Law Firms: M&A Deals
- #24 Most Active in U.S.
- #21 Most Active in U.S.: Investors
Law Firms: Venture Capital Deals
- #20 Most Active in the South
Law Firms: Deals Combined
- #24 Most Active in U.S.: Investors
Notable Transactions from 2021
Bass, Berry & Sims’ notable transactions during the first quarter of 2022 included the following:
- Bank of America Acquires Axia Technologies, Inc.
- Lead Counsel to POINT Biopharma Inc. in its SPAC Business Combination with Research Alliance Corp. I
- Helix Sleep Acquired by Cerberus, Forms Leading Mattress Platform
- Brookdale Senior Living Completes Sale of 80 Percent Stake in Outpatient Therapy Division to HCA Healthcare
About the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Practices at Bass, Berry & Sims
Bass, Berry & Sims has a comprehensive M&A practice representing buyers and sellers in both public and private company strategic transactions, as well as financial sponsor transactions. The firm has served as lead counsel in more than 300 transactions ranging in size from $20 million to more than $15 billion in the last four years. Since 2005, our attorneys have represented healthcare clients in transactions with a combined value in excess of $136 billion. Learn more about the firm’s M&A practice here. The firm’s Private Equity Team has served as counsel in hundreds of private equity-backed deals across many industries, most notably healthcare, but also including financial services, food and beverage, manufacturing, media, technology, consumer products and retail. Learn more about the firm’s private equity experience here.