We represented Boston Children’s Hospital with intellectual property, business, and government contracting issues associated with VaccineFinder. We also assisted Boston Children’s Hospital negotiate contracts related to VaccineFinder with major technology platforms. VaccineFinder is a free, online service operated in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) where users can search for pharmacies and providers that offer vaccines for COVID-19 and other diseases.
The launch of VaccineFinder was covered by several media outlets including:
- “Apple Maps Now Displays COVID-19 Vaccination Locations,” Apple Newsroom (March 16, 2021)
- “Mark Zuckerberg Announces Facebook’s Plans to Help Get People Vaccinated Against COVID-19,” Facebook (March 15, 2021)
- “Biden Sets Nation on Seven-Week Sprint to Near-Universal Vaccine Access,” The Washington Post (March 12, 2021)
- “Helping People Find Covid-19 Vaccines Is Aim of C.D.C.-Backed Site,” The New York Times (February 24, 2021)
- “CDC Launches Web Tool To Help Americans Find COVID-19 Vaccines,” NPR (February 24, 2021)
Boston Children’s Hospital is the nation’s number one-ranked children’s hospital and the primary pediatric teaching hospital for Harvard Medical School.