Over the last few weeks, 340B program stakeholders have been digesting the November 3 federal district court decision in Genesis Health Care Inc. v. Becerra on the definition of a 340B-eligible patient.
We held a webinar on November 7 with our initial reactions (see here to access a recording). Join us for a short follow-up webinar to continue our discussion of the Genesis decision.
Topics addressed in this follow-up webinar will include:
- Potential responses from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), including the potential for an appeal, updated patient definition guidance, and changes to audit enforcement.
- Considerations for covered entities evaluating options for 340B use in light of the decision.
- Applicability to HRSA’s 1996 patient definition guidance and hospital child site registration policy.
- A deeper dive into the legal reasoning behind the decision and predictions for future court scrutiny.
Who Should Attend?
- In-house legal counsel of pharmacies, 340B covered entities, and pharmacy management companies.
- Private equity and other investors.
- Pharmacy leaders and managers.
- Pharmacy management company managers and leaders.
Submit questions upon registration or email them to Caroline Smith.
This program is pending approval for 45 minutes of General Tennessee CLE credit. Please provide your BPR number upon registration in order for Bass, Berry & Sims to report your participation to the Tennessee CLE Commission following the webinar.
Other State CLE
Bass, Berry & Sims does not seek direct accreditation from states outside of Tennessee, but some states allow attorneys to earn credit through reciprocity or self-submission. Certificates of completion and other common supporting documents will be provided for use in jurisdictions outside of Tennessee.
Marked by an integrated approach and unmatched regulatory knowledge, the healthcare practice of Bass, Berry & Sims is a team of more than 260 experienced attorneys who leverages their diverse strengths to meet the unique demands of our clients. Our team encompasses the multitude of legal specialties necessary to service one of the largest, most highly regulated industries in the U.S. The firm has been recognized by leading healthcare and legal industry outlets, including nationally ranked by Chambers USA for the last eight years (2016-2023) and recognized as the fourth largest healthcare law firm in the U.S. by the American Health Law Association (2023). Read more here.