On November 3, a federal district court issued a monumental decision endorsing a broad definition of a “patient” who is eligible to receive drugs purchased at discounted prices under the 340B drug pricing program. The court overturned part of the government’s narrow definition of a 340B-eligible patient and endorsed an expanded definition that would allow 340B covered entities to use 340B pricing for prescriptions that originate outside the 340B covered entity. The decision has the potential to upend 340B program operations, allow broader use of 340B drugs, raise questions about the government’s ability to oversee the program, and invite further calls for Congress to define key terms and provide the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) with the authority to limit 340B use.
Join us for a webinar discussing the court’s decision and what it will mean for 340B program stakeholders. Topics addressed in the webinar will include:
- The potential for expanded use of 340B drugs and changes to audit enforcement.
- Implications for drug manufacturer restrictions on contract pharmacy use.
- The government’s authority and ability to administer the 340B program.
- Calls for Congress to limit 340B use.
The webinar was held Tuesday, November 7 at 12:00 p.m. Central. Watch on demand now.
Who Should Attend
- In-house legal counsel of pharmacies, 340B covered entities, and pharmacy management companies.
- Private equity and other investors.
- Pharmacy leaders and managers.
- Pharmacy management company managers and leaders.
- 340B program stakeholders.
The webinar is pending approval for 1 hour of General Tennessee CLE credit. Certificate of completion and other necessary application forms will be provided for use in other jurisdictions.
Please submit any questions for presenters during the registration process. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.