Bass, Berry & Sims attorneys Elaina Al-Nimri, Steele Clayton and David Esquivel will present a timely breakfast briefing titled, “Navigating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.” Also joining the panel is Terrance L. Bond, Senior Counsel at Parallon. As class action lawsuits under the TCPA continue to be filed at a record pace, the costs and exposure for defendants can be staggering. This one hour breakfast briefing will explain the basics of the TCPA, as well as strategies for avoiding violations and litigating a TCPA case.
Topics covered include:
• Basics of TCPA requirements for sending faxes, automated texts and calls, and prerecorded messages
• Exemptions for certain healthcare related messages
• Litigation strategy, including data on settlement values for class actions
• Evaluation of potential insurance coverage for TCPA litigation
• Litigation and compliance practice pointers, featuring a panel discussion with experienced in-house counsel
Registration and networking will be held from 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. The briefing will begin at 8:00 a.m. and end at 9:00 a.m., on Tuesday, April 3, at the offices of Bass, Berry & Sims in Nashville, Tennessee. This briefing is approved for 1 hour of general Tennessee CLE credit.