Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Tatjana Paterno will serve as a guest lecturer for a course titled, “Mergers & Acquisitions: A Practitioner’s Perspective Class,” at Duke University School of Law. The course will consider and analyze corporate mergers and acquisitions and the process of initiating and completing a corporate acquisition. Topics covered will include:
- Structures commonly used in M&A transactions
- Strategies employed by the acquiring company and the target firm in negotiating an acquisition
- The critical role of information in M&A deals
- Conducting due diligence
- Certain techniques for effective drafting of M&A agreements
- The roles and responsibilities of management, Boards of Directors and shareholders in connection with transactions
The course will be held in the spring semester of 2018. For more information, visit the Duke University School of Law website.