Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Thad McBride will join SGR’s Aviation Team for a live Q&A webinar on Thursday, March 3, 2022 from 8 A.M – 9 A.M PT / 11 A.M – 12 P.M. ET / 4 P.M – 5 P.M London and Dublin Time.
The United States, EU, and other countries and groups have moved swiftly to impose significant economic and trade restrictions and prohibitions on Russia and Ukraine. In many cases, this has meant that existing aviation transactions and business relationships have had to be halted with immediate effect.
This has had a significant impact on aircraft lessors, aviation lenders and other aviation companies, many of which hold substantial assets in Russia or in concert with Russian entities or individuals. Among other things, aviation companies need to be aware of restrictions related to:
- Doing business directly with Russian or Ukrainian lessees or operators
- Obtaining necessary approvals from Russian or Ukrainian government entities
- Financing transactions or receiving lease payments
- Providing for warranty or other repair services
- Exporting spare parts or equipment to Russia or Ukraine
The webinar will include a brief presentation on the current state of the restrictions on the aviation industry, followed by a Q&A session for you to ask and hear answered your most pressing questions. Please provide any questions in advance on the registration form or send them to: AviationWebinarQuestions@sgrlaw.com.