There is increased complexity in the provision, documentation, and billing of infusion services. Providers may be subject to False Claims Act violations and overpayment issues if they are not billing and coding services compliantly or implementing operational processes to ensure appropriate clinical supervision. With the increase cost of infusion drugs, providers may also face challenges and risks associated with the patient collections process.
During this webinar, the speakers will discuss the various compliance considerations related to the provision of infusion services and their associated billing and collections. Common coding and documentation errors will be discussed, as well as the importance of and requirements related to medical necessity and nursing supervision (i.e., start and stop, post-infusion monitoring, etc.). The webinar will also include a discussion of advanced practice provider (APP) supervision and a review of best practices related to patient collections. Legal considerations related to the False Claims Act and overpayments will also be explored.
Topics covered during this webinar include:
- Coding and documentation requirements for therapeutic / prophylactic / diagnostic infusions and chemotherapy / other highly complex drugs.
- Documentation of quality to include physician order requirements, medication dosage, nursing documentation requirements, etc.
- Infusion supervision guidelines per Medicare and operational considerations.
- Patient collections for infusion drugs including co-pays, waivers, discount programs, etc.
- False Claims Act implications and overpayment law.
Click here to register for the live event on January 25, 2023.
Who Should Attend?
- Infusion providers.
- Physician practices with infusion offerings.
- Infusion pharmacies.
- Infusion practice management companies.
- C-level executives, consultants and principals.
The webinar is pending approval for 1.5 hours of General Tennessee CLE credit. Certificate of completion and other necessary application forms will be provided for use in other jurisdictions.
Submit questions for presenters during registration. For more information, please contact Healthcare team.