- Mergers, acquisitions and dispositions
- De novo formations of stock, mutual and captive insurers
- Shell acquisitions and loss portfolio transfers
- Multi-state regulatory matters, including Form A, Form B, Form C, Form D and Form F filings, and policy form and rate filings
- Administrative proceedings before and informal negotiations with the Tennessee Department of Commerce & Insurance , including the Financial Affairs, Policy Analysis, Agent Licensing and Consumer Insurance Services sections of the Insurance Division and the TennCare Oversight Division
- Legislative matters
- Negotiation of reinsurance treaties and excess policies
- Negotiation on renewal coverages and premiums
- Coverage disputes and other litigation
Attorneys in our Insurance Practice Group counsel insurance companies, insurance holding companies, health maintenance organizations (HMOs), preferred provider organizations, captive insurers, insurance brokers, insurance agencies, and third-party administrators on corporate and regulatory matters, including development of insurance policies and negotiation of provider contracts. We represent insurance industry participants in:
We represented West Virginia Mutual Insurance Company (WVMIC), the only member-owned medical liability insurance company in West Virginia, in its...
We represented MSouth Equity Partners, a private equity firm with a focus on lower middle market management buyouts, in its...
We represented WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) in its acquisition of Medicaid assets of Phoenix Health Plan (PHP) in...
We represented WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) in its acquisition of Universal American Corp. (NYSE: UAM). The transaction is...
We represented Starmount Life Insurance Company and AlwaysCare Benefits in the acquisition by Unum for $127 million plus net assets....
We represented WellCare Health Plans, Inc. in the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary, Sterling Life Insurance Company to Cigna....