- Representing companies and individuals in anti-corruption investigations and enforcement actions.
- Conducting international anti-corruption investigations in Africa, Asia, Europe, Mexico, Latin America and the Middle East.
- Conducting anti-corruption risk assessments.
- Designing, reviewing and implementing cost-effective anti-corruption compliance policies procedures and internal controls.
- Supervising international due diligence on third parties.
- Navigating anti-corruption compliance issues in international mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sourcing, contracting, distributing and sales.
- Assisting clients in drafting anti-corruption contractual language for agents, distributors and other third parties.
- Conducting anti-corruption training for corporate clients, their employees, agents and third-party business partners.
- Serving in regulatory monitor roles for some of the most preeminent companies and organizations in the world.
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
Though the global economy presents expansive opportunities for businesses, global operations and interests create processes which often must be monitored closely for compliance risks. Our attorneys have advised clients on FCPA matters, including internal and government investigations, in more than 40 countries throughout Africa, Asia, Europe, and North and South America. We are global anti-corruption and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) counsel to multiple Fortune 500 companies and many other public, private and nonprofit entities across industries including manufacturing, medical devices, healthcare, healthcare information technology, logistics, media, technology and retail. Our Washington, D.C.-based team members interact regularly with key enforcement agencies, but we provide exceptional cost efficiency because many of our team members are based in the lower-cost Nashville, Tennessee market. Services include:
We represented of a publicly traded oilfield services company in an investigation of alleged anti-corruption and money laundering violations in...
We developed a comprehensive sanctions and export compliance policy and procedures for a multinational manufacturing firm.
We conducted a multi-country FCPA and local law investigation in Southeast Asia for a U.S. company. Internal investigation involved significant...
We advised a multinational company in review of potential anti-money laundering violations.
We assisted a U.S. financial services firm to understand and meet its anti-bribery due diligence obligations.
We advised a publicly traded U.S company on anti-corruption due diligence related to the potential acquisition of U.S. company with...
Bass, Berry & Sims attorneys represented a publicly-traded multinational company in an internal investigation into potential FCPA and local law...
We represented a Fortune 500 company in the oil and gas industry in an internal investigation of alleged FCPA and...
We represented a Fortune 500 U.S. automotive company in an FCPA investigation by U.S. Justice Department (DOJ) and Securities and...
We represented a publicly-traded manufacturing company in its review, evaluation and design of its anti-corruption compliance program in North America,...