American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) recently released its 2012 list of Largest Healthcare Law Firms in the nation and recognized Bass, Berry & Sims PLC in the Top 10. The full list of 79 firms is available in the September 24, 2012 issue of Modern Healthcare or available online.
Results were tabulated based on a blended score of healthcare lawyers employed in 2011 and AHLA membership as of July 27, 2012.
Bass, Berry & Sims currently has 86 AHLA members and is active in 15 different AHLA practice groups, holding leadership positions within the following:
- Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group
- Long Term Care, Senior Housing, In-Home Care, and Rehabilitation Practice Group
- Regulation, Accreditation and Payment Practice Group
- Physician Organizations Practice Group and Planning Committee
- Accountable Care Organization Task Force
- Fraud and Abuse Practice Group and Enforcement Committee
- Antitrust Practice Group
- Diversity Council
The American Health Lawyers Association is the nation’s largest, nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) educational organization devoted to legal issues in the healthcare field with more than 11,000 members.