Healthcare is one of the most highly regulated industries in the country and providers of all types will eventually be called to action, whether it be responding to an investigation, conducting a compliance review, or proceeding with a self-disclosure. Bass, Berry & Sims has designed the Healthcare How-To Instructional Webinar Series to provide simple step-by-step instructions and best practices for responding accurately and efficiently while avoiding bad tactics, questionable strategies, and unnecessary risk which can create problems and less than ideal outcomes.
As the landscape of information security threats continues to evolve, the policies and procedures that once worked for healthcare organizations may no longer be sufficient. Proactive and robust risk management strategies are imperative in today’s environment in order to mitigate the legal, financial and reputational risks associated with the confidentiality and security of health-related information.
Join us on March 2 from 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. Central for a virtual seminar in which our privacy and data security attorneys will outline best practices for navigating threats and regulatory requirements within the healthcare industry and provide practical guidance for ensuring your institution is taking appropriate steps to meet the heightened expectations of regulators and consumers.
Topics addressed in the webinar will include:
- Cybersecurity requirements under HIPAA and common pitfalls when securing PHI.
- Conducting an effective security risk analysis.
- How to effectively respond to a security incident.
- Recent developments in state digital and consumer privacy laws and federal enforcement and their intersection with cybersecurity.
- New laws, limitations and regulatory actions that apply to personal information (other than PHI).
Who Should Attend?
- In-house legal counsel.
- Compliance officers and analysts.
- Healthcare executives, principals and other senior leadership.
The webinar is pending approval for 1.5 hours of General Tennessee CLE credit. Certificate of completion and other necessary application forms will be provided for use in other jurisdictions.
Submit questions for presenters during registration. For more information, please contact Sydney Wracher.