Bass, Berry & Sims is proud to sponsor and host the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) upcoming meeting in Nashville, “Board Service Strategies: Not for the Faint of Heart.” This event will take place on Tuesday, September 13, from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. CT, at the firm’s Nashville Office.
The idea of becoming a corporate director is appealing. However, there is more to it than collecting a paycheck. It’s critical to learn how to gain and keep a corporate director seat.
This seasoned panel will discuss the selection process, as well as avoiding pitfalls. Now more than ever, the corporate director landscape continues to evolve during the most uncertain of times. Learn how to be ahead of the curve.
This dynamic panel discussion will explore the following:
- Do you know what you are signing up for?
- Board service – how do you find the right fit?
- How to avoid being over-boarded – how many boards are too many?
- Do you understand the personal liabilities that go with board service?
- How do directors handle complex issues like activist investors
For more information and to register, please visit the NACD Nashville website.