Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Todd Overman authored an article outlining 10 unique issues to consider when buying or selling a government contractor. In the article, Todd provides these helpful tips to government contractors when considering a sale or purchase:
- Structuring the transaction – stock vs. asset purchase?
- How to deal with a corporate conversion
- Novation tips for the unwary
- Will the seller lose its small business set-aside or 8(a) contracts?
- Assessing organizational conflict of interest risk
- Accounting and business system compliance
- What happens to classified contracts?
- GSA schedule contract compliance
- Optimizing seller’s intellectual property
- Managing change of control communications
The full article, “Ten Unique Issues to Consider When Buying or Selling a Government Contractor,” was published by Bloomberg BNA’s Federal Contracts Report on November 17, 2015 and Bloomberg BNA’s Mergers & Acquisitions Law Report on December 14, 2015 and is available online (subscription required) or in the PDF below.