Bass, Berry & Sims PLC announces the release of its annual “Securities & Shareholder Litigation 2017: A Look Ahead,” a high-level report that covers recent developments and offers best practices for the year ahead. The newly released report provides a high-level analysis to help officers, directors and general counsel navigate the legal landscape with an understanding of significant developments in corporate and securities law.
The five key trends and topics covered in the report include:
- SEC Enforcement Hits All—Time High In 2016; What’s Next?
- Buyer And Seller Beware: The Potential Pitfalls Of Sharing Privileged Information During Due Diligence
- Done Deal! Not So Fast: Strategies For Minimizing Post—Closing Disputes
- Can Liability In A Data Breach Expand To The Boardroom?
- Sixth Sense: Significant Securities Cases Decided By The Sixth Circuit In 2016
Articles and expanded content from this report were featured in various media outlets, including:
- “Pitfalls of Sharing Privileged Information During Due Diligence,” The D&O Diary (February 28, 2017)
- “Bass, Berry & Sims Paper Eyes Trends in SEC Enforcement, M&A, Cyber and More,” Securities Regulation Daily (March 7, 2017)
- “Done Deal! Not so Fast: Strategies for Minimizing Post-Closing Disputes,” The M&A Lawyer (April 2017)