Dermatology practices are increasingly popular investments because of market fragmentation and steady cash flows buoyed by the increasing prevalence of skin cancer and consumer purchasing of discretionary cosmetic treatments. While dermatology continues to gain popularity, it is important to identify a number of traps lurking for the unwary that can put a wrinkle in the deal.
Read our additional articles in the series about private equity investing in other healthcare sectors:
- X-Ray the Radiology Practice Before You Buy It
- Spring Cleaning: Healthcare Private Equity Compliance Checklist
- Want to Buy an “-Ology”? Six Things to Know Before You Buy a Physician Practice
- The Philosophy for Investing in Urology: 5 Key Regulatory Risks
- Believing in Conceiving: Private Equity’s Rebirth in the Fertility Sector
- Pros & Cons of Behavioral Health Sector Investing