Bass, Berry & Sims attorneys Cindy Reisz and Angelique Salib authored a chapter in the recently released Health Care Contracts: A Clause-By-Clause Guide to Drafting And Negotiation guidebook published by the American Health Law Association (AHLA). This first edition publication tackles the major regulations and risk areas for healthcare organizations that must be adequately considered and addressed in any contract. Expert analysis by contributors discusses more than 180 downloadable sample clauses, the context in which they are used, and offers practical advice for negotiating.
Cindy and Angelique authored “Chapter 2: The Health Care Lawyer’s Role” that discusses the role the healthcare lawyer plays in successfully representing its client in a contract negotiation, resulting in an agreement that accurately sets out the terms of the arrangement and protects the client in the event the other party fails to perform. Key topics covered include:
- How to develop an understanding of the client and its business goals for the contract.
- Creating and working with a team of specialists.
- Identifying business and legal issues to be resolved through diligence and drafting.
- Techniques in drafting and negotiating the contract.
- The importance of regular communication with the client.
More information on how to order a copy of Health Care Contracts can be found here.