Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Bill Mathias will present at American Health Law Association’s (AHLA) annual Fraud and Compliance Forum, which will address emerging regulatory trends, recent case law and legislative developments, and how they will affect legal and compliance practices in healthcare. Bill will be joined by Lisa Wilson, Senior Technical Advisor at CMS.
Bill will speak on the topic of “Finding Compliance with the Physician Self-Referral Law Instead of Violations.” Attendees will learn practical ways to avoid SRDP disclosures. Bill and Lisa will explore common problems like:
- Can you ever really “cure” noncompliance with the physician self-referral law?
- What to do when a physician uses too much space?
- How to correct mistakes while an arrangement is still in place?
- To what does the exception for isolated transactions actually apply now?
- How to take advantage of the flexibility offered by “Reg Z”?
- How and when should you claw back excess nonmonetary compensation?
The conference will be held September 28 – 30 at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland.
For more information, or to register, please visit the conference website.