Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Kristin Bohl will speak at the 2022 American Health Law Association Annual Conference in a session titled, “The Digital Health Revolution is Here: Key Considerations for Addressing Fraud and Abuse Risk Areas and Compliance”. The session will take place on June 28, 2022 from 8:00 – 9:15 a.m. Kristin will be joined by Kristin Carter and Karen S. Glassman.
Kristin and her co-hosts will explore numerous topics, such as:
- Fraud and abuse laws impacting digital health/telehealth vendor, provider and patient relationships, including the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, Physician Self-Referral Law and Beneficiary Inducement CMP provisions
- Government guidance addressing key risk areas for digital health arrangements, including advisory opinions, recent enforcement actions and settlements
- Opportunities for use of digital health tools created under the Value-Based Care exceptions and safe harbors implemented through the Regulatory Sprint for Coordinated Care
- Key issues to watch for in telehealth, remote patient monitoring, clinical decision support, and electronic health records/cybersecurity tools
- Insights, practical tips, and “real world” examples for identifying and addressing digital health arrangements
For more information, or to register, please visit the AHLA website.