Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Cindy Reisz will co-present with Dawn Crumel, Division Counsel at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, at the AHLA In-House Counsel Program & Annual Meeting. The session titled, “Point/Counterpoint: Negotiating a Hospital’s Acquisition of a Physician Practice,” will take place on Sunday, June 25, 2017.
- The process of evaluating, negotiating, and closing a hospital acquisition of a physician practice
- Regulatory and tax implications to the physicians
- Conducting a valuation before the financial terms are set in stone
- Representing all of the physicians in the deal
- Treating due diligence as the critical element of the transaction
- Small deals do not guarantee small liabilities
- Key issues for negotiation: Valuations, compensation arrangements, non-compete and non-solicitation covenants, post-closing governance provisions, other aspects of implementation
The AHLA In-House Counsel Program is held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting from June 24 – 28, 2017 at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis in San Francisco, California.