Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Clint Hermes with co-present with Shine Schattgen, Associate Counsel at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital at the American Health Law Association’s (AHLA) Annual Meeting. The session titled, “Navigating the Evolving Research Landscape During the Pandemic” will discuss the following topics:
- Key federal regulations and terms relevant to research during a pandemic
- Main federal agency guidance documents on human subjects research during COVID-19
- Open questions and practical considerations for research on COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2
- Expanded access (or so-called “compassionate use”) for experimental drugs and devices
- FDA Emergency Use Authorizations
The conference will be held virtually June 29 – July 1, 2020. For more information and to register, visit the AHLA website.