Bass, Berry & Sims and the Tennessee Hospital Association co-sponsored the Nashville Healthcare Fraud Conference. This day-long CLE program provided insight into the most significant fraud and abuse issues facing the healthcare industry. Panel discussions focused on providing practical tips and takeaways for preparing for, responding to and resolving a healthcare fraud investigation. Topics included:
- Year in Review: Looking Back on Healthcare Fraud Issues in 2016 (or Everything You Wanted To Know about Escobar in 50 Minutes)
- Developments Regarding Whistleblowers
- Quick Hits – Session 1: Yates One Year Later
- Quick Hits – Session 2: Effective Use of Your Own Data – Mining Your Own Data for Compliance
- Quick Hits – Session 3: Mitigating Business Partner Fraud in Healthcare
- View From the U.S. Attorneys
- Quick Hits – Session 4: Physician Compensation
- Role of Legal and Compliance in an Era of Heightened Enforcement
- Anatomy of a Data Breach – An Interactive Case Study
- Ethics of a Healthcare Fraud Investigation (Ethics CLE)
The Nashville Healthcare Fraud Conference was held from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 1 at the offices of Bass, Berry & Sims in Nashville, Tennessee.
Click here to view the conference agenda.