Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Anna Grizzle and Dr. Patricia L. Maykuth, Ph.D, President at Research Design Associates, will co-present a webinar titled, “Medicare and Medicaid Audits Using Statistical Sampling and Extrapolation: Challenging Methods and Results” hosted by Strafford. The speakers will provide participants insight into how Medicare and Medicaid auditors are using statistical sampling to recover overpayments.
Topics will include:
- What is the legal basis for challenging the use of statistical sampling and extrapolation?
- What are the proactive steps the healthcare provider can take to ensure there is sufficient data to mount a defense against the extrapolation?
- What types of data sampling flaws and procedural fairness issues support an effective challenge to audit samples?
- What are the requirements for implementation and use of a statistically valid sample?
- What are the key considerations for healthcare providers in working with counsel to defend against an audit finding overpayments?
This webinar will be held on June 14, 2018, from 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. EDT.