Bass, Berry & Sims’ labor and employment attorneys will host this seminar for in-house counsel, executives and human resource professionals on Tuesday, February 21 from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. Our attorneys will discuss law updates on the following:
National Labor Relations Act
- What is happening with the posting requirements for all employers concerning employee’s federal labor law fights?
- How does the NLRB’s recent ruling that employee’s have a right to arbitrate class claims affect employers?
- Does it affect employers whose employees are not represented by a union?
- What changes have been made to the union election rules?
- Who is disabled under the ADAAA? Who isn’t?
- What obligations do I have to an employee who is out of FMLA leave but still needs additional time? What if the employee is receiving workers’ comp benefits while out – does that change anything?
- Can an employer still have “wellness” programs? If so, how are such programs impacted by the ADAAA and GINA?
- What can supervisors discuss with employees with running afoul of GINA?
- We will have an update on these various laws followed by a panel discussion to answer your questions and discuss with audience participation various scenarios that arise with respect to these issues.
Registration will close on Wednesday, February 15.