Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Mary Leigh Pirtle will present a session at the Middle Tennessee Society for Human Resource Management (MT|SHRM) Davidson County Meeting titled, “How to Conduct Effective Employee Investigations.” The session will take place on August 18th in Nashville, Tennessee beginning at 8:00 am CT. Mary Leigh will provide HR professionals and in-house counsel with 10 steps on how to conduct an effective employee investigation, complete with an understanding of legal obligations as well as best practices, including:
– Handling sensitive, confidential and complex issues
– Identifying claims that implicate legal obligations
– Gathering relevant information and witnesses
– Preparing questions for interviews and best practices for effective interactions
– Properly documenting investigation findings and recommendations
– Handling disciplinary action and termination without implicating legal landmines
For more information and to register, please visit the MT|SHRM website.