Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Angela Humphreys will speak on a panel titled “Hot Topics: Physician Practice Transactions” at the 2023 American Health Law Association Health Care Transactions Conference. Angela will be joined by Roger Strode, Foley & Lardner LLP and Richard J. Zall, King & Spalding.
This panel will cover complex issues that are presented by physician practice transactions utilizing the MSO model, including:
- Contingent and deferred payments to owners of physician practices
- Models for the distribution of transaction proceeds among physician owners
- Particular tax considerations depending on the tax classification of the practice
- Management fee structure considerations in light of corporate practice of medicine and fee-splitting prohibitions
- Structuring enforceable Equity Transfer Restriction Agreements
The AHLA Health Care Transactions Conference will take place April 17-19, 2023 at the Grand Hyatt in Nashville, Tennessee. This panel will occur on April 17 from 4:00-5:15 PM and again on April 18 from 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM.