Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Todd Overman will moderate a webinar panel titled, “Government Contracts Mergers & Acquisitions 101.” This 90-minute introductory-level webinar will provide participants an understanding of issues unique to deals involving government contractors, the regulatory hurdles buyers and sellers may encounter and how to address the unique risks in acquisition documents. The panelists will also discuss:
- How to structure transactions involving government contractors
- Discussion of representations and warranties necessary for certain types of transactions
- Unique diligence issues such as IP, small business contracts and OCI risk
- How to address classified contracts, and potential interaction with DSS and CFIUS
- Navigating novation, change of name and other change of control communications with government customers
This webinar is hosted by the American Bar Association and will begin at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Tuesday, January 12, 2016.