Bass, Berry & Sims Attorney Danielle Sloane will speak at the AHLA Fraud and Compliance Conference in a session titled, “2019 Clinical Laboratory Enforcement and Regulatory Update.” This session will cover:
- High-risk compliance areas for laboratories, including paying kickbacks for test orders, contract sales, unbundling, pass-through billing, and medical necessity
- Recent cases and settlements involving clinical laboratories related to Stark, Anti-kickback and other billing violations and the implications of those cases for other laboratories
- The Eliminating Kickbacks and Recovery Act (EKRA), where did it come from, and what do we do now?
- How laboratories are handing the new law, particularly with respect to their marketing employees and contractors
- What kinds of conduct is and is not permissible for labs?
- Steps laboratories can take to mitigate risks and avoid mistakes others have made
The AHLA Fraud and Compliance forum will be held on September 25-27, 2019 in Baltimore, Maryland. For more information and to view the conference agenda click here.