Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Lisa Rivera will speak at the American Health Lawyers Association Fraud and Compliance Forum. Lisa will speak on Thursday, October 6 from 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. on the topic of, "What Does a Civil and Criminal Healthcare Fraud Investigation Look Like Today?"
Topics will include:
- The focus and consideration of individual liability in corporate healthcare fraud investigations before and after the Yates Memo
- Similarities and differences between corporate healthcare investigations and the focus on corporate individual/managers in both the civil and criminal divisions of the US Attorney's Office
- Considerations for a civil Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA) when conducting a corporate/individual healthcare fraud and False Claims Act investigation, and coordination with criminal division AUSAs
- Considerations for a criminal AUSA when conducting a corporate/individual healthcare fraud criminal investigation, and coordination with the civil division AUSAs
- Walk through a sample parallel criminal and civil corporate health care investigation, discussing focus and considerations for both the criminal and civil AUSAs, and challenges that target companies and individuals may encounter
- The impact in resolving criminal and civil matters, including what is expected by corporate "cooperation"
The forum will be held October 5-7, 2016 at the Hilton Baltimore Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland. For more information and registration, visit the American Health Lawyers Association website.