Attorney Shannon Wiley will present "Health Law 101 - An Introduction to Health Law" with Walt Schuler, Associate General Counsel for The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, on December 15 at the Memphis Bar Association. The CLE program, presented by the Health Law Section, will address areas of law fundamental to most healthcare practices.
Shannon and Walt will discuss:
- What is Health Law?
- Fraud and Abuse (Anti-kickback, Civil Monetary Penalties, Stark, Fee Splitting)
- Corporate Practice of Medicine
- Health Care Reform (the ACA, TN specific updates)
- A Health Care Attorney’s Role in Transactions (Deals and Contracts)
- Professional Licensure and Discipline (including severing the patient relationship)
This program is approved for 1.0 Tennessee CLE Credit Hour. For more information on the program or to register, please visit the Memphis Bar Association website.