Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Angela Humphreys authored an article for the American Bar Association’s (ABA) Business Law Today newsletter outlining key operational issues for healthcare companies to consider during the COVID-19 pandemic. Even in the midst of serving patients during this unprecedented period, it is important for healthcare providers to consider the business implications impacted by COVID-19.
In the article, Angela recommends healthcare providers be mindful of the following key operations considerations:
- Redouble Your Risk Assessment Efforts.
- Focus on Problem-Solving with Your Clients.
- Review Information Systems (IS) and Data Privacy Measures.
- Evaluate Financing Needs and Options.
- Determine whether CMS Waivers Apply.
- Analyze Force Majeure Clauses for Material Contracts.
- Manage Your Workforce.
- Be Prepared for Robust Diligence.
- Consider Impact on Deal Terms.
- Analyze Existing and Proposed Earnouts.
The full article, “10 Business Considerations for Healthcare Companies During the COVID-19 Pandemic,” was released by the ABA on April 17 and is available online.