The complex and ever-changing healthcare regulatory and enforcement environment, including increased focus on the role of private equity firms in their portfolio companies, make compliance a top priority for private equity firms investing in healthcare companies. The best way to limit your exposure as a private equity firm is to avoid a compliance misstep in the first place. Additionally, an effective and robust compliance program for your portfolio healthcare company makes it much more attractive to potential buyers and helps you avoid an unexpected and costly investigation or valuation hit down the road.
Download the Healthcare Private Equity Compliance Checklist to assess whether your portfolio company’s compliance program is up-to-date.
Read our additional articles in the series about private equity investing in other healthcare sectors:
- Avoid a Wrinkle in your Dermatology Deal
- X-Ray the Radiology Practice Before You Buy It
- Want to Buy an “-Ology”? Six Things to Know Before You Buy a Physician Practice
- The Philosophy for Investing in Urology: 5 Key Regulatory Risks
- Believing in Conceiving: Private Equity’s Rebirth in the Fertility Sector