Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Todd Overman served as co-editor of the resource book Best Practices in the Acquisition of a Government Contractor, Second Edition published by the American Bar Association (ABA). This publication is an essential guide for anyone working on an acquisition of a company that performs government contracts.
The Best Practices in the Acquisition of a Government Contractor, Second Edition examines the full range of issues in the acquisition process, including:
- The due diligence process.
- Scope of government contracts review.
- Cost issues particular to government contracts.
- Claims, disputes, and did protests.
- Adequacy of the target’s compliance program.
- Acquisition documents and pre-closing activities.
- Antitrust requirements.
- CFIUS approval for foreign ownership and investment.
- Existing contracts – dealing with the anti-assignment statutes.
- Issues for the combined company.
The Best Practices in the Acquisition of a Government Contractor, Second Edition is available to purchase on the ABA website.