Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Stewart Kameen will speak on a panel in the American Health Law Association Fraud and Abuse webinar series titled “Fraud and Abuse Bootcamp, Part III: The Beneficiary Inducement CMP”. The session will take place on June 15, 2022 from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. Stewart will be joined by Elizabeth Isbey, Deputy Branch Chief, Industry Guidance Branch, DHHS Office of the Inspector General, Robin Ludlow, SR. Attorney, Ascension and Raul Ordonez, III, Associate Vice President, Compliance, Jackson Memorial Hospital. The panel will be moderated by Herd Midkiff, CVA, Partner – Consulting Services, JTaylor.
Stewart and his co-panelists will explore numerous topics, such as:
- How the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and the Civil Monetary Penalty law updates impact health care providers
- An overview of the Civil Monetary Penalties (CMP) beneficiary inducement prohibition, including overall framework, interpretations, potential areas of enforcement risk, and lessons learned
- Key definitions, Including Remuneration, Items or Services, and Nominal Value
- Best Practices and Exceptions
- Strategies for Compliance
For more information, or to register, please visit the AHLA website.