Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Thad McBride will speak at The ACES Summit hosted by Momentum Events. The conference will address key anti-corruption, export controls and sanctions compliance challenges in an increasingly interconnected global regulatory landscape. Thad’s session, titled “Compliance Health Check: An Inside Guide to Performing an Effective Compliance Risk Assessment – Practical Tips for Unearthing Weak Spots in Your International Trade Compliance Program,” will address the following topics:
- Defining a compliance risk assessment- who is involved, what is the scope, how often should it be done?
- How to determine if your current compliance program is meeting the needs of your global business operations
- Identifying when to take a deeper look – ensure your team knows what triggering red flags are within your global compliance organization
- What to do with the results – deciding when and how to take corrective action based on findings from the assessment
- Assessing the assessment – maintaining a record and auditing the process for future assessments and duplication across jurisdiction
The ACES Summit will take place April 21-22 in McLean, Virginia.