- State government purchasing and contracting
- State and federal political action committees and government ethics
- Ethics Commission and Registry of Election Finances on lobbyist and campaign issues
- Department of Economic and Community Development on business relocation and state and local tax incentives, abatements and tax increment financing
- Environmental regulators on enforcement, licensure and rule-making matters
- Department of Revenue on state and local tax disputes and assessment appeals
- Department of Financial Institutions on banking and other regulatory matters
- Department of Commerce and Insurance on insurance licensure and rate-setting matters
- Department of Commerce and Insurance on state securities topics
- Department of Health on licensure and regulatory matters
- Tennessee Occupational and Safety Administration and other labor and employment regulators
- Attorney General investigations and inquiries
- Public Utility Commission on telecommunications and other regulated matters
Government Advocacy & Public Policy
We serve as effective advocates of our clients' interests in matters where government and business intersect, including lobbying Tennessee's legislative and executive branches of government. The firm's attorneys and staff represent clients in their business relationships with the agencies of state government, from the General Assembly to the many executive branch departments, agencies, boards and commissions. Our clients include Tennessee's internationally known distiller of Tennessee Whiskey, healthcare companies, insurers, banks and other financial institutions, utilities, energy sector and others. The firm also has been a leader in public policy issues such as tort reform. The firm appears regularly in support of clients' interest in the state of Tennessee, including:
On behalf of American Petroleum Institute, we drafted legislation and led the coalitional lobbying effort to ensure industrial energy infrastructure...
Relationship Building with the Department of Agriculture and the Department of Environmental ConservationIn a heavily regulated industry, we represent Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC in monitoring bills, establishing connections within the Department of Agriculture...
We successfully obtained a premier resort-type classification for a family farm that needed licensing flexibility with the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage...
We successfully passed legislation to eliminate a pre-licensing course of study mandate for Tennesseeans sitting for the insurance producer license...
We have had a history of success representing clients with various tax issues before the General Assembly and Department of...
We have represented the association of vaping/e-cigarette retail stores with such success that Tennessee has the least restrictive regulations and...
We worked with the U.S. subsidiary of a supplier of nuclear analysis software and specialized services to the nuclear industry...
We represented a major distiller of Tennessee whiskey to promote and successfully pass legislation that defines "Tennessee Whiskey" to the...
We successfully lobbied for passage bills on behalf of the fundraising arm of a national children's research hospital that would...
We have worked on behalf of a major computer company to introduce the concept of bringing successful entrepreneurs into state...