In an article that was published by The D&O Diary, Bass, Berry & Sims attorneys Jay Knight, Taylor Wirth and Chris Johnson examined key developments at the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) during 2019 and consider what to expect in the months ahead.
“For public companies and securities practitioners alike, the decade ended with a bang, with changes to certain long-standing practices and several novel,” the authors said. The article provides an in-depth review and takeaways from seven of the top highlights from the SEC last year, including:
- Proxy Advisory Firms Face Proposed Rules.
- Lessons Learned from the 2018-2019 Government Shutdown.
- Realignment of Division of Corporation Finance.
- FAST Act Updates.
- Shareholder Proposal Developments.
- Scrutiny of Non-GAAP Measures Continues.
- Continued Focus on ESG Matters.
The full article, “7 Key SEC Developments in 2019,” was published on February 25 by The D&O Diary and is available online.