Bass, Berry & Sims attorneys Michael Dagley and Brittain Sexton authored an article outlining valuable strategies for healthcare board members that are required to make important IT-related decisions regarding the company’s IT framework. The following strategies will help these executives make informed decisions and manage the relationship with IT vendors:
- Understand “Best of Breed” vs. “Single Vendor”
- Consider Forming a Steering Committee
- Interview the Vendors
- Independently Investigate the Vendors
- Engage Attorneys with Expertise
- Pursue Remedies for IT Problems
The full article, “Managing IT Vendor Relationships While Avoiding the Weeds,” was published in the BoardRoom Press June 2015 edition. BoardRoom Press is a publication of The Governance Institute and is available to members on the organization’s website.