Nashville, Tenn., (February 4, 2016) – Bass, Berry & Sims PLC announced today that Harwell Howard Hyne Gabbert & Manner (h3gm) attorneys will join the firm. This combination joins two preeminent practices, resulting in a unified team of nationally renowned attorneys. Following the combination, more than half of the corporate attorneys ranked in Tennessee by Chambers USA will be members of Bass, Berry & Sims. The h3gm attorneys joining the firm include leaders in mergers and acquisitions and securities (public company advisory) law, bankruptcy, intellectual property and healthcare. Upon their joining the firm, Bass, Berry & Sims will have more than 260 attorneys across its four offices.
“Our attorneys share a similar history of leading clients through complex legal challenges,” said Todd Rolapp, managing partner of Bass, Berry & Sims. “As long-time colleagues, we share a mutual respect for the focus on service and legal advice we each provide our clients and the results we help them achieve. This addition to our firm will enhance the depth of service we deliver to our clients.”
The following h3gm shareholders will join Bass, Berry & Sims:
- Curtis Capeling – Intellectual Property & Technology
- David Cox – Corporate M&A
- Craig Gabbert – Bankruptcy, Litigation
- Mike Hill – Healthcare
- Kris Kemp – Corporate M&A
- Mark Manner – Corporate M&A
- John Popham – Commercial Real Estate
- Glenn Rose – Bankruptcy, Litigation
- Susan Sidwell – Securities
- Jonathan Stanley – Corporate M&A
Additionally, a group of h3gm’s associates and legal professionals will join Bass, Berry & Sims.
“We are excited to join our colleagues at Bass, Berry and Sims,” stated Mark Manner, managing partner of h3gm. “Having worked with them for more than 30 years, we know firsthand that their national reputation for excellence is well deserved. In addition to sharing a number of mutual clients, we share a similar commitment to gaining a profound understanding of our clients’ businesses and providing perspective, sound judgment, efficiency and responsiveness to every matter. We look forward to providing our clients with access to a broader range of practice areas and with even more resources to meet their needs.”
About Bass, Berry & Sims PLC
With more than 260 attorneys representing numerous publicly traded companies and Fortune 500 businesses, Bass, Berry & Sims PLC has been involved in some of the largest and most significant business transactions and litigation matters in the country. For more information, visit www.bassberry.com.
See more coverage of the combination in the following publications:
- “H3gm’s Head on Why One of City’s Biggest Law Firms is Folding Up its Tent,” Nashville Business Journal (February 5, 2016)
- “10 Partners Exit 26-attorney Nashville Firm to join Bass Berry,” ABA Journal (February 4, 2016)
- “Bass Bringing on H3GM Group,” Nashville Post (February 4, 2016)
- “Bass Berry Bags 10 Partners From Disbanding Tennessee Firm,” The American Lawyer (February 4, 2016)
- “Bass, Berry & Sims Expands With h3gm Attorneys,” Washington CityBizList (February 4, 2016)
- “Bass, Berry & Sims Snatches Up h3gm Attorneys, Name Partners,” Nashville Business Journal (February 4, 2016)