We represented Nashville Soccer Club in a stadium naming rights agreement with global supply chain operator GEODIS Logistics. Officially known as “GEODIS Park,” the 30,000-seat, $335 million stadium will be the largest soccer-specific stadium in the U.S. and Canada. As part of the naming rights agreement, GEODIS will receive prominent brand placement both inside and outside of the stadium, including on the 360-degree canopy roof and the Premier Club premium seating area. The partnership also includes sponsorship rights to Nashville Soccer Club and naming rights to several innovative programs benefiting the Nashville area, including a new youth soccer league focused on underserved neighborhoods in the surrounding community.
The firm has served as primary outside counsel to Nashville Soccer Club since the club’s inception, including advising the club during its time as a USL franchise and assisting in its successful Major League Soccer (MLS) expansion bid in 2017.
The agreement was highlighted in several media outlets, including:
- “Nashville SC Stadium Becomes Geodis Park In Naming Rights Deal For New Venue,” Forbes (March 10, 2022)
- “Geodis gets naming rights to Nashville SC stadium,” Sports Business Journal (March 10, 2022)
- “Nashville’s new stadium to be called GEODIS Park under deal,” yahoo! finance (March 10, 2022)
- “Nashville SC, GEODIS reach agreement for inaugural stadium naming rights,” Tennessean (March 10, 2022)
- “Nashville SC partners with Geodis for stadium naming rights” Nashville Post (March 10, 2022)